|Belfast, Northern Ireland||TBD||Registration Not yet Open|
The Belfast City Half Marathon, held annually in September, takes place in the city of Belfast, Northern Ireland. It is known as the largest half marathon event in Northern Ireland. The Half Marathon is an extension of the Marathon event held in May
Book Your Stay Near Race Starting Point
Belfast City Half Marathon
Race Categories, Dates, Registration, Eligibility & Fees
|Start Time *||9:00 am|
|Eligibility Criterion *||17 years & above|
|Fees* (Affiliated)||£ 33 & Up|
|Fees* (Non-Affiliated)||£ 35 & Up|
|Registration||Registration not yet open|
The 2023 expo venue was at Titanic Exhibition Centre, 17 Queens Road, Belfast BT3 9DU, Northern Ireland
* Details of Eligibility, Registration fees, Race Start time, Expo details, etc. for the Belfast City Half Marathon 2024 has not yet been released. Above are details from the 2023 race event for reference
Route / Course Map
Information about the course maps & other details for the Belfast City Half Marathon 2024 not yet available. Please check the information from the 2023 event below
The Belfast City Half Marathon route is an OUT & BACK course with the below mentioned Start and Finish points:
|Start Point||Finish Point|
|Ormeau Embankment||Ormeau Embankment|
Information about the prizes/ awards for the Belfast City Half Marathon 2024 not available but below are details from the 2023 edition
|1st Prize||£ 500||£ 75||£ 150|
|2nd Prize||£ 250||—||—|
|3rd Prize||£ 150||—||—|
|4th Prize||£ 100||—||—|
|5th Prize||£ 75||—||—|
# Veteran age groups are: Over 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70 and 75+
Points to Note for Prize Purse
- The Mash Direct Belfast City Half Marathon operates a ‘one person, one prize’ policy.
- The awards are equal for Male and Female participants
- Participants in the Half Marathon Run who are placed in more than one category are awarded the prize of greater value.
2023 and Earlier Edition Results
- Affiliated/ Non Affiliated: If you hold a valid Athletics membership in the UK and Ireland, you are eligible for a discount and can register the Marathon or Half Marathon events as an Affiliated (registered) runner.
- Assisted/ Guided Runner: If running with a guide/assistant, please contact the marathon office. A carer, guide or any other runner in a support role is eligible for one complimentary entry.
- Cancellation/ Refund: Belfast City Half Marathon operates a strict no refund policy. If you decide to cancel your entry, you accept that all entry fees are non-refundable and may not be deferred towards a future event.
- Deferment due to injury: If you need to defer your place to the following year due to injury, you must send a medical certificate from your GP or Physio directly to the Marathon Office on firstname.lastname@example.org. This must be done 2 weeks prior to Race Day for each Event for consideration by the Event Manager.
- Disqualification: Disqualification can be enforced upon the partaking of any of the following: Urination in any area other than that of designated toilets on route, Swapping numbers, Deviation from run route, Tampering with timing chip, Refusing to obey the instruction of race official, or who conducts themselves in unsportsmanlike manner, or who uses offensive actions or language to race officials, volunteers, participants, or spectators.
- Ear Phones: In ear headphones are not permitted. Bone conducting headphones such as Aftershokz are allowed. Please see the Athletics Northern Ireland rule on in-ear or over the ear headphones as of 1st January 2018.
- Not Allowed: No participant may bring dogs, baby joggers, baby strollers, skateboards, rollerblades, hand cycles, unauthorised bicycles or any other wheeled device on the course.
- Pacers are available
- Sale/ swapping /bartering of a Belfast City Marathon or Half Marathon entry is strictly forbidden.
- Terms & Conditions: When registering for any of the Mash Direct Belfast City Marathon and Half Marathon events, terms and conditions are available to view and must be accepted by each participant before processing an entry. A copy of these terms and conditions can also be found here.
- Transfer: If you would like to transfer your entry to another person/group, you must contact the Marathon Office directly on email@example.com or telephone +44 28 9060 5933 for permission and further instruction.
- Wheelchair: In line with UK Athletics guidance, only hand propelled wheelchairs and aided / pushed wheelchairs are permitted – wheelchair and aided / pushed wheelchair participants MUST contact the event organisers in advance to secure permission and to complete a risk assessment. Wheelchair and aided / pushed wheelchair participants must start to at the back of the race, and the device must meet UK Athletics requirements.
- Time limit applicable on the course for after which the course is thrown open to normal traffic
– Half Marathon –3 hrs
Mailing address: Sir Thomas and Lady Dixon Park, Upper Malone Road, Belfast BT17 9LA
Tel: 028 9060 5922