|Jerusalem, Israel||March 8, 2024||Registration Open|
The Jerusalem Marathon is an annual marathon held in Jerusalem, Israel since 2011. Usually held in the month of March, the Jerusalem Marathon not only includes a marathon but shorter distances and fun runs like the Half marathon, 10K, 5K, family run, and community run.
Most races begin near Israel’s parliament (the Knesset) and finish at Sacher Park with the current course record in the men’s category held by Kenyan runner Ronald Kimeli Kurgat (2:16:09) and in the women’s category held by Kenyan runner Joan Jepchirchir Kigen (2:38:24).
Book Your Stay Near Race Starting Point
Race Categories, Dates, Registration, Eligibility & Fees
|Marathon||Half Marathon||10K||5K||Family race||Community race|
|Start Time||7:00 am||6:45 am||9:30 am onwards*||7:30 am onwards*||11:00 am||8:30 am|
|Eligibility Criterion**||18 years & above||16 year & above||14 years & above||10 years & above||No age specified||No age specified|
|Fees-Israeli Nationals||NIS230 & Up||NIS180 & Up||NIS130 & Up||NIS90 & Up||Currently zero/ free^||Free|
|Fees-Others||$76 & Up||$60 & Up||$45 & Up||$30 & Up||Currently zero/ free^||Free|
|Registration||Register here||Register here||Register here||Register here||Register here||No registration required|
|Expo Details||Venue: Cinema City, 10 Yitzhak Rabin Blvd., Jerusalem Date & Timings: 5th-7th March (3pm – 9pm)|
* Different race start timings as per waves assigned– detailed below:
10km: Wave 1 – 9:30 am and Wave 2- 9:45 am
5km: Wave 1 – 7:30 am and Wave 2- 7:45 am
** Applicants who are below 18 years old need to have a signed parental consent form as shown on the website while registering for the race.
^ The family registration fees for 2023 event was as follows: Upto 4 pax: $30, 5 pax: $ 37.5 & 6 pax: 45
Information about the course maps & other details for the Jerusalem Marathon 2024 is detailed below
|Course Map||FM Course Map||HM Course Map||10K Course Map||5K Course Map|
|Elevation Map||FM Elevation Map||HM Elevation Map||–||–|
The Jerusalem Marathon race routes are OUT AND BACK courses with the below-mentioned Start and Finish points:
|Start Point||Finish Point|
|Marathon||Junction between the Knesset and the Israel Museum, Hamagbit Sq. on Rupin Rd.||Southern end of Sacher Park|
|Half Marathon/10K||Junction between the Knesset and the Israel Museum, Hamagbit Sq. on Rupin Rd.||Ben Zvi Blvd., Opp. Northern entrance to Sacher Park|
|5K||Junction between the Knesset and the Israel Museum, Hamagbit Sq. on Rupin Rd.||Giv Yitzhak Rabin rd|
|Family race||Junction between the Knesset and the Israel Museum, Hamagbit Sq. on Rupin Rd.||Sacher Park|
|Community Race||Junction between the Knesset and the Israel Museum, Hamagbit Sq. on Rupin Rd.||Junction between the Knesset and the Israel Museum, Hamagbit Sq. on Rupin Rd.|
Information about the prizes/ awards for the Jerusalem Marathon 2024 are detailed below
|Full Marathon||Half Marathon||10K|
Other than the above, the following time bonuses are also awarded in the Jerusalem Marathon.
1. $1,500 bonus for record-breaking results for men and women
2. Additional $3,500 bonus for high-quality results
3. Prizes to Winners (General) by Age Categories are given below
- Full Marathon: 18-19, 35-39 (women), 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
- Half Marathon : 16-19, 35-39 (women), 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
- 10K: 15-16, 17-19, 35-39 (women), 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
- 5K: 15-16, 17-19
Points to Note for Prize Purse
- The winning results for general winners will be determined by the starting shot.
- Results in other categories will be determined by the runners’ personal times as indicated by their individual tags (recorded when each runner crosses the starting line).
- The results will be determined by year of birth rather than by the exact birth date of the runner.
- Awards are equal for Male and Female participants.
2023 and Earlier Edition Results/Photos
- Registration changes and cancellations will be accepted until 2 weeks before the race. Change requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. A handling fee of $10 will be charged for cancellations or changing tracks.
- Cancellations will not be accepted after last date for any reason other than medical reasons. A handling fee of $10 will be charged.
- Under exceptional circumstances, requests to change tracks after last date will be considered based on the exclusive judgment of the marathon producer. A handling fee of $20 will be charged.
- In addition to handling fees, switching to a more expensive track will require the participant to pay the difference.
Participants who switch to a less expensive track will be reimbursed for the difference, based on late registration rates.
- Refunds for changes and cancellations will be paid within 90 days of the transaction.
- Discounts are offered for early registration.
- Jerusalem Resident cardholders are entitled to a 20% discount.
- Receipt of a participant kit will be possible upon presentation of an identity card and, if necessary, in the case of a participant under the required age, with parental approval.
- The collection participant kits of a kit for additional runners (up to three sets) are conditional on the presentation of a power of attorney form.
- Time limit applicable on the course for after which the course is thrown open to normal traffic.
- Full Marathon –6 hrs
- Half marathon – 3 hrs
- 10K- 1 hr 40 min
Address: Safra Square 1 Jerusalem | 9414109
Timings: Sunday – Thursday, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm