|Toronto, Canada*||October 22, 2023||Registration Open|
*Also Buffalo, NY (USA) for earlier editions
The Niagara Falls International Marathon is a complete package race- a picturesque route, an AIMS-certified course, and Boston Qualifier! First inaugurated in 1974, it was quite a popular race before shutting down for a few years (1987 to 1996) due to a lack of sponsors.
The NFI Marathon is an annual marathon running competition that usually starts in one country (USA) and finishes in another (Canada) with the route taking runners from Buffalo, New York, United States to Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada.
But in the year 2022, due to pandemic border requirements, the Marathon event was entirely within Canada. Instead of a point-to-point route, it was an out-and-back course following the beautiful Niagara River south and then returning north to finish at the rapids just above the Falls. All the races offered within the event (The 5k, 10k, Half Marathon & Marathon) start and end in Canada.
Book Your Stay Near Race Starting Point
Niagara Falls International Marathon
Race Categories, Dates, Registration, Eligibility & Fees
|Start Time||8:00 am||8:30 am||8:30 am||8:40 am|
|Eligibility Criterion||18 years & above||16 years & above||No age criterion||No age criterion|
|Fees#||$115 & Up||$95 & Up||$60 & Up||$50 & Up**|
|Walkers/Single Strollers||Not allowed||Walkers allowed
Single Strollers not allowed
|Walkers & Single Strollers allowed||Walkers & Single Strollers allowed|
|Registration- Canadian Registrants||Register here||Register here||Register here||Register here|
|Registration- International Registrants||Register here||Register here||Register here||Register here|
|Expo Details||Venue: Crowne Plaza Hotel, 5685 Falls Avenue, Niagara Falls
Date: 20th Oct, 21st Oct & 22nd Oct (morning only)
# Fees for Live events are time–sensitive i.e. increases closer to the race date. Early bird discounts are available.
**For Youth (aged 12 & under) participating in the 5K run, discount is available on the race fees
Information about the course map & other details for the Niagara Falls International Marathon 2023 is detailed below
|Route Map||FM Route Map||HM Route Map||10K Route Map||5K Route Map|
The Niagara Falls International Marathon 2023 route is an OUT & BACK course with the below-mentioned Start and Finish points:
|Start Point||Finish Point|
|Toronto Power Plant, Toronto, Canada||Toronto Power Plant, Toronto, Canada|
Information about the prizes/ awards for the Niagara Falls International Marathon 2023 is detailed below. Following awards will be handed out for all races (Marathon, Half Marathon, 10km Run & 5km Run)
- Overall Top 3 men & women.
- First place in each 5-year age category.
- All prizes are equal for men’s and women’s categories.
- Overall the Top 3 awards were presented on-site while first place in age categories was mailed out post-event.
2022 and Earlier Edition Results/Photos
- Check Results for Niagara Falls International Marathon 2022
- Check Results for Niagara Falls International Marathon 2019
- Check Results for Niagara Falls International Marathon 2018
- Check Results for Niagara Falls International Marathon 2017
- Check Results for Niagara Falls International Marathon 2016
- Check Results for Niagara Falls International Marathon 2014 and earlier
- Check Photos for Niagara Falls International Marathon 2022 here
- Check Photos for Niagara Falls International Marathon
- Bib transfers and Distance change are allowed. Terms & conditions applicable.
- For groups of 11 or more, every 12th registration is free. Need to write to the organizers.
- The participant should upload a valid and legible photo ID Card during registration.
- Race caps are applicable:
- Marathon: 800 runners
- Half marathon: 1650 runners/ walkers
- 10km run: 850 runners/ walkers
- 5km run: 750 runners/ walkers
- All Participants from outside of Canada double vaccination is required for entry. Please refer to the Government of Canada website for updates on entry into Canada. If you are not able to enter Canada you have the option to do your race virtually.
- All Participants from outside of Canada must download & fill out the ARRIVE CAN app 72 hours before entering Canada.
- Free parking is available at Rapidsview Parking Lot.
- Starting corrals for all races depend on the predicted finish time.
- Porta potties are available at the start/finish line and at water stations along the route.
- NUUN & Water is available at all water stations (~2.5kms). CLIF Bloks are available at the mid-point of the race for Half marathons and at 10k, 21.1k & 30k points for Full marathons.
- Pacers are available for Half Marathon (1hr 30 min to 2hr 30 min) and Full Marathon (3hr 30 min to 5hrs) at every 10 minutes intervals.
- Time limits are applicable for all the races after which the course would be open for regular vehicular traffic. The course closes at 3:00 pm.
- Baggage check available for Full Marathon, Half Marathon & 10km run.