|Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina, USA||April 6, 2024||Registration Open|
The Cooper River Bridge Run is a 10-kilometer road running event held in the cities of Mount Pleasant and Charleston in South Carolina, on the first Saturday in April. The Bridge Run is the only competition in South Carolina sanctioned by USA Track and Field as an elite event.
Founded in 1978, Cooper River Bridge Run is the 3rd largest 10K race in the USA and the 5th largest road race in the United States.
Due to Covid related disruptions, there was no race in 2020 while two Bridge Runs were held within six months of each other (on September 25, 2021, and on April 2, 2022).
Book Your Stay Near Race Starting Point
Cooper River Bridge Run
Race Categories, Dates, Registration, Eligibility & Fees
|10K||10K Competitive Wheelchair|
|Race Date||April 6, 2024||April 6, 2024|
|Start Time||8:00 am||7:25 am|
|Eligibility Criterion||5 years & above||Push Rim Chairs only. No Handcycles at the event|
|Fees||$50 & Up^||$45|
|Fees – Charity||$150|
|Registration^^||Register here||Register here|
|Expo Details||Venue: Charleston Area Convention Center , 5001 Coliseum Dr., North Charleston, South Carolina
Date & Timings: April 4 (12pm-8pm) & April 5 (8am-8pm)
^ Prices are time sensitive for the 10K i.e. will go up as we get closer to the race date.
^^ Registration at the Expo is only available if the event has not yet been filled.
^^^ Corporate challenge also available for 3 divisions: Small (25-50 employees), Medium (51-200 employees), and Large (over 200 employees).
Information about the course maps & other details for the Cooper Bridge Run 2024 is detailed below
|Course Map||10K Course Map|
|Start Area Map||Start Area|
|Wave Start/ Corral maps||Wave Start Map|
|Finish Area Map||Finish Area Map|
|Expo Map||Expo Map|
The Cooper River Bridge Run route is a POINT-TO-POINT course with the below-mentioned Start and Finish points:
|Start Point||Finish Point|
|Corner of Summons & Coleman Boulevard, Mount Pleasant||Marion Square/ King at Calhoun (Downtown Charleston)|
Information about the prizes/ awards for the Cooper Bridge Run 2024 is detailed below
For the 10K Run, the following prizes are awarded:
|10K||Overall||Masters||Grandmasters||Top USA||Cedric Jaggers Award||Marcus Newberry Award|
In addition to the above, a Course Record bonus of $1000 would be awarded to male (27:40) and female (31:19) runners.
For the 10K Wheelchair Run, the following prizes are awarded:
In addition to the above, a Course Record bonus of $1000 would be awarded to male (22:34) and female (28:02) wheelchair runners.
Other than the above, the following perpetual trophies would be awarded.
- Julian E. Smith III Award Overall Champion (male & female)
- Eugene “Genie” Wellons Award Overall Wheelchair Champion (male & female)
- Marcus Newberry Award Top Tri-County Resident (male & female) Qualifications
- Cedric Jaggers Award Top South Carolinian (male & female) Qualifications
- Dewey Wise Award Oldest finisher who runs a time faster than his/ her age in minutes
- Terry Hamlin Award Top Mobility impaired runner (male & female)
Points to Note for Prize Purse
- Awards are equal for Male and Female participants
- The top 3 age group awards would be mailed after results are verified (5-9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 and over)
- All cash awards will be mailed after verification is completed and not given out at the finish festival.
Finisher medals will be presented to every participant after crossing the finish line.
2023 and Earlier Edition Results & Photos
- Check Results for Cooper River Bridge Run 2023
- Check the Results for Cooper River Bridge Run 2022
- Check Results for Cooper River Bridge Run Earlier Editions
- Registrations are non-refundable
- Participants must choose one of the following categories at the time of registering for the race
- Run, <40 min (time verification required)
- Run, <45 min (time verification required)
- Run, 45-50 min (time verification required)
- Run, 50-60 min (time verification required)
- Run, 60-70 min
- Run, Over an hour
- Walk/ Run
- All Elite entries are by invitation only. To be considered for an invitation to the Cooper River Bridge Run please contact Elite Coordinator email@example.com.
- For corporate challenge, all company teams need to have a minimum of n=25 registered participants who are currently employed by that company. Scoring / point collection can be done in 2 ways-
- Number of registered runners (Racers = 10 points & Volunteers = 20 points)
- Charity donations (1 point per dollar raised)
- Bib transfer is allowed
- Corral change is possible if done before the pre-decided timeline. Participants can write to firstname.lastname@example.org along with verifiable link to results from race’s website (USATF certified road race)
- The race is capped at 38500 participants
- Packet mailing is possible as long as it has been added to the registration by the pre-decided timeline along with required payment. Please check link to add packet mailing . No re-mailing of packets would be done if incorrect mailing addresses have been entered
- If participant is unable to pick up race bib/packet themselves they can send someone on their behalf – with a copy of the participant’s ID and bib number. No race day pick up is allowed
- Bus and Boat shuttles are available. Please check here for more information
- Sweat shuttles trucks would be parked near the start line as well as finish festival. For more information on Sweat shuttles please check here
- Strollers or wheeled devices of any kind are strongly discouraged. For safety reasons (concerning both you and the participants around you), baby strollers/ baby joggers are only allowed in the very LAST corral of the walkers (Corral K): the course is too congested for them to be anywhere else, as are the start and finish staging areas. Be aware that it is VERY dangerous to have a stroller or any wheeled device among such a large crowd of people.
- Strollers or any wheeled devices are not allowed on the shuttle buses or the boat shuttle.
- Future dates for Cooper River Bridge Run are as follows:
- For 2024: April 6, 2024
- For 2025: April 5, 2025
- For 2026: March 28, 2026
- For 2027: April 3, 2027
- For 2028: April 1, 2028
- For 2029: April 7, 2029
- For 2030: April 6, 2030
- For 2031: April 5, 2031
- For 2032: April 3, 2032
- Mailing address: 716 S. Shelmore Blvd. Suite 105, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
- Phone: 843-856-1949
- Fax: 843-856-1950
- Website: https://bridgerun.com/
- Email: email@example.com