|Hamburg, Germany||April 28, 2024||Registration Open|
The Haspa Hamburg Marathon, also known as Haspa Marathon Hamburg, is an annual road race organized in 1986 in Hamburg, Germany. Usually held in late April or early May and labeled as a Gold Label Road race by World Athletics.
Eliud Kipchoge made his debut in full marathon distance with Haspa Marathon Hamburg in 2013
Book Your Stay Near Race Starting Point
Haspa Marathon Hamburg
Race Categories, Dates, Registration, Eligibility & Fees
|Full Marathon||Half Marathon||Marathon Relay|
|Start Time||9:30 am||8:25 am||9:30 am|
|Eligibility Criterion||18 years & above||16 years & above||12 years & above#|
|Fees*||€90 & above**||€60 & above**||€150 & above**|
|Registration||Register here||Register here||Register here|
|Expo Details ^||Venue: Hamburg Messe- und Congress GmbH, Messeplatz 1, 20357 Hamburg
Date & Timings: April 26 (12pm-7pm) & April 27 (9am-7pm)
^ Details of Expo details, etc. for the Haspa Marathon Hamburg 2024 has not yet been released. Above are details from the 2023 race event for reference
*All prices include VAT and a 25% service charge. Participants also get a discount for multiple finishes- those who have finished 15 times get a discount voucher worth €15.00 / 20 times will receive a discount voucher worth €20.00/ 25 times will receive a discount voucher worth €25.00/ 30 times will receive a discount voucher worth €30.00.
** Entry Fees depend on the number of entries already booked
# The relay team leader must be at least 18 years old.
Route / Course Map
Information about the course maps & other details for the Haspa Hamburg Marathon 2024 not yet available. Please check the information from the 2023 event below
|Full Marathon||Half Marathon||Marathon Relay|
|Course Map||FM Course Map||HM Course Map||Marathon Relay Course Map|
|Interactive Course Map||Interactive Course Map|
All races under the Haspa Marathon Hamburg, have OUT & BACK courses with the below-mentioned Start and Finish points:
|Start Point||Finish Point|
|Karolinenstraße, Near Hertz Tower||Karolinenstraße, Near Hertz Tower|
Information about the prizes/ awards for the Haspa Hamburg Marathon 2024 detailed below
- The first three men and women in the overall ranking will be honored (Handbikers, Half Marathon and Marathon runners) – the awards will take place directly at the finish line.
- In addition, honors will be given on the award ceremony stage on the forecourt of the exhibition center (at the Heinrich-Hertz-Turm) for:
- Hamburg Championships
- Hamburg Police Championships
- company sports championships
- Awards are equal for Male and Female participants
2023 and Earlier Edition Results
- Check Results for Haspa Hamburg Marathon 2023 here
- Check Results for Haspa Hamburg Marathon 2022 here
- Check Results for Haspa Hamburg Marathon 2021 here
- Check Results for earlier editions of Haspa Hamburg Marathon here
- As part of the registration, the organizers offer a starting place cancellation insurance together with HanseMerkur Reiseversicherung AG. Insured risks are illness, accident, or death as well as job loss, but not insured for personal reasons.
- Nordic walkers are not permitted In Half Marathons and Marathon Relays.
- There is an upper limit of participants allowed for the races
- Pacers are available for the full marathon and half marathon
- Relay change points: Organized transport of the relay runners to and from the transition areas is not possible due to the road closures set up for the marathon. The transition zones are therefore chosen so that they can be easily reached by public transport. These are all near the U-Bahn and S-Bahn trains, so relay runners 1-3 have the opportunity to arrive in the collection box (“Am Sievekingplatz”) about 400m before the finish line in good time for the joint finish.
- The individual route sections of the squadron are made up as follows:
- 15.7 km Jungfernstieg.
- 11.5 km City North – Überseering.
- 5.3 km Maienweg / Hindenburgstraße.
- 9.7 km destination
- There are refreshment points on the right-hand side of the route with refreshments every 5km:
self-catering, electrolyte / isotonic drinks (in cups), bananas (from km 10), energy gels (from km 20), and cola (from km 25)
- Massage stations are also available along the route at KM 35 and KM 37.5 and also in the Athletes Area in the post-finish area
- First aid stations are set up at regular intervals along the route. The medical center is located in the finish area.
- For tracking participants and their results, an SMS service is available which can be booked as part of the registration process. There are 3 options:
- Unofficial final result to participant’s mobile phone for free.
- All intermediate and finish times to a device – chargeable
- All intermediate and finish times to two devices – chargeable
- The three fastest runners of a club, team, or similar are automatically taken into account for the team ranking. There will be a women’s, a men’s, and a mixed team ranking. Separate team registration is not required. In order to be counted as a team, all team members must enter the agreed team name in the identical spelling when registering.
- If all 4 members of the relay team are running to the finish, everyone will receive a finisher bag. If the final runner crosses the finish line alone, he/she can then take the finisher’s bags and medals with them for the three other relay runners.
- Accompanying vehicles (cars, bicycles, and motorbikes) belonging to private individuals are not permitted on the route. Participation in inline skates, roller skates, skateboards, or other rolling equipment (with the exception of wheelchairs and handbikes in the half marathon) is prohibited.
- There are time limits applicable for various races
- Marathon/marathon Relay: 6 hrs
- Half marathon 2 hrs 30 min
Participants’ Hotline: 01805 100 250
Tuesday and Thursday, each form 10.00 am to 01.00 pm
Contact Form: Contact – Haspa Marathon Hamburg
Website: https://haspa-marathon-hamburg.de/en/on Hamburg