|San Diego, California, USA||June 1-2, 2024||Registration Open|
Established in 1998, the Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego Marathon is an annual marathon road race organized in San Diego, California. While now, it is one of many ‘Rock & Roll races that are organized, it is the original race that kickstarted the Rock ‘n’ Roll series of races.
The race not only challenges the runners but also raises money for multiple charities and has over the years raised over $100 million for various causes around the globe.
- Half Marathon
- 5K Run
The organizers also offer the Remix Challenge which requires the runners to run the 5k on Saturday followed by any one of the Marathon or Half Marathon on Sunday. Marathon (n=4) and Half Marathon Relay (n=2) are also offered.
The Marathon course record is held by Philip Taurus among men (2:08:33) and by Bizunesh Deba among women (2:23:31). For the half marathon, the course record is held by Bernard Koech among men (58:41) and Shalane Flanagan among women (1:07:51).
Book Your Stay Near Race Starting Point
Rock ‘N’ Roll San Diego Marathon
Race Categories, Dates, Registration, Eligibility & Fees
|Race Date||June 2, 2024||June 2, 2024||June 1, 2024|
|Start Time||6:15 am||6:15 am||7:00 am|
|Eligibility Criterion||18 years & above||12 years & above||8 years & above|
|Fees–General #||$99 & Up||$89 & Up||$55 & Up|
|Fees- St Jude Hero #||$0||$0||$0|
|Registration||Register here||Register here||Register here|
|Expo Details||Venue: San Diego Convention Center (Halls F, G & H)
Date & Timings: June 2 (12pm-7pm) & June 3 (9am – 5pm)
# Fees for Live events are time–sensitive i.e. increases closer to the race date. Early bird discounts are available.
Information about the course maps & other details for the Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego Marathon 2024 not yet available. Please check the information from the 2023 event below
|Race Route||FM Race Route||HM Race Route||5K Race Route|
The Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego Marathon route has a POINT TO POINT course with the below-mentioned Start and Finish points:
|Start Point||Finish Point|
|Marathon & Half Marathon*||Sixth Ave & Quince St at Balboa Park||Ash St & Union St|
|5K||Presidents Way & Park Blvd.||Balboa Dr|
* The Marathon & Half Marathon runners start at the same time and run on the same route for about 8 miles before HM runners split off and go towards the waterfront park while the FM runners continue exploring other landmarks of the scenic city.
Information about the prizes/ awards for the Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego Marathon 2024 not available but below are details from the 2023 edition
The total prize purse is for $10,000 (though further details are not available). All prizes are paid equally for male and female competitors for each of the distances. Awards are presented to:
- Top 3 prizes for Overall winners – For FM/HM/5k
- Top 3 age category runners for HM/FM
2023 and Earlier Edition Results
- Check Results for Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego Marathon 2023
- Check Results for Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego Marathon 2022 and earlier editions.
- Entertainment: Music is an important part of the race with plenty of on-course entertainment, including multiple bands and DJs, cheer squads, and more.
- Pacers: Pacers would be available for both marathon and half marathon.
- Refreshments – On course: Water support along with Gatorade is available throughout the course. Gels are available at select aid stations.
- Refreshments – Post race: Organizers arrange for a wide selection of refreshments including water, banana, granola bars, cookie, chips, Gatorade, fruit snacks, and more.
- Starting corrals: Runners can get their starting corrals modified at the expo. No race day change of corral allowed.
Temperature: Early summer run with usual air temperature around 62-68°F/ 20-22°C.
- +1 Bib pick up: The organizers are allowing runners to pick up a bib for one additional person other than their own by showing relevant registration details and an authority letter from the other runner.
- Below is the cut-off time for Marathon, Half marathon, and 5km races.
- Marathon (42.2km) – 7hr cut off
- Half Marathon (21.1km) – 4hr cut-off
- 5km – 1hr cut off
Address & Phone: Not Available