|Portland, Oregon, USA||October1, 2023||Registration Open|
The Portland Marathon is an annual race that takes place in Portland, Oregon on the first Sunday of October. It was first held in 1972 with only 86 participants and has grown considerably with the current field size of around 10,000 participants.
The race consists of a full marathon (42.195 kilometers) as well as a half marathon (21.098 kilometers).
The Portland Marathon course is a fast albeit beautiful course which takes the runners through some of the most iconic landmarks and neighborhoods in town.
Book Your Stay Near Race Starting Point
Race Categories, Dates, Registration, Eligibility & Fees
|Marathon||Half Marathon||Kids Run|
|Start Time||7:10 am||7:10 am||–|
|Eligibility Criterion||No eligibility criterion specified|
|Fees||USD 145 & Up||USD 115 & Up||USD 5|
|Registration||Register here||Register here||Register here**|
|Expo Details||Venue: Oregon Convention Center, 777 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Portland, OR 97232
Time & Date: September 30, 2023 (9am – 6pm)
* Fees for Live events are time–sensitive i.e. increases closer to the race date. Early bird discounts are available. Upward rate modifications will happen on May 3, June 28, and August 30, 2023.
** Limited slots of n=500 available for kids race on a first come first served basis.
Information about Route Map and other details for Portland Marathon 2023 is provided below.
- Check Route Map/ Course for Portland Marathon & Half Marathon – 2023 here
- Check Route Map/ Course for Portland Marathon – Kids race – 2023 here
- Check Local traffic information for Portland Marathon & Half marathon – 2023 here
- Check Start/ Finish Venue Map -2023 here
- Check Parking Maps -2023 here
The Portland Marathon 2023 route is an OUT & BACK course with the below-mentioned Start and Finish points:
|Start Point||Finish Point|
|Portland’s Waterfront Park, 1000 SW Naito Pkwy||Portland’s Waterfront Park, 1000 SW Naito Pkwy|
Information about the awards /Prize money for Portland Marathon 2023 is provided below.
- Top 3 Age division awards (1st, 2nd, & 3rd)
- Top 3 Overall awards (top 3 men and women) for the marathon and half marathon.
- Team awards will be mailed to team captains after the race.
Point to Note for Prizes
- Overall prize winners (top 3 in each race) for the marathon and half marathon will be determined by gun time, not chip time.
- All prizes are equal for men’s and women’s categories.
2022 and Earlier Edition Results/Photos
- Team registration of 3 or more runners together, will enable each participant to get $5 off. Teams of 12 or more receive additional benefits.
- Transfer / Withdrawal/ Deferral: Portland Marathon allows runners to transfer their bib to another person, defer their entry to next year, or even withdraw from the race altogether and receive a refund within the given timeframe. Visit the Transfer, Withdrawal, & Deferral Page for more details.
- Race packet: A photo ID is required to pick up your race packet. A representative can also pick up your bag but will require a digital or hard copy of the person’s ID and a written note authorizing them to do so.
- Weather: Historical temperature averages for race day are a low of 50 and a high of 67 degrees. The historical chance of precipitation on race day is roughly 25%.
- Aid stations: Water & NUUN would be available at all aid stations, and Power bar Energy Gels/ Shots and fruit would be available at select aid stations. Ports Potties also would be available at all aid stations.
- Medical aid: Every aid station on the course will be supplied with a first-aid kit. Some aid stations will also be staffed by medical professionals who will be equipped with advanced medical supplies. A full-service medical tent will also be at the finish line.
- Pacers will be running both the full marathon and half marathon at the following times:
- Marathon: 3:00, 3:05, 3:10, 3:20, 3:25, 3:30, 3:35, 3:40, 3:50, 4:05, 4:20, 4:40, 5:00, 6:33
- Half marathon: 1:30, 1:40, 1:50, 2:00, 2:10, 2:20
- Post-race refreshments: All participants of legal age will receive a complimentary, Oregon-brewed beer. Also available are chilled protein drinks, Nuun Endurance Lemon Lime, and water. Fruits and carbohydrates will also be available along with Portland culinary treat.
- Trains & buses: Plans have been implemented to ensure that no participants are stopped by trains or buses during the race. There are only four of locations at which trains or buses will actively cross during the hours of the race. If runners arrive at these four locations, and a train or bus is currently crossing the route, they shall be rerouted.
- All variations of the course are measured and certified and all route iterations equal the specified 26.2 or 13.1 miles as required for certification. See more information regarding trains and buses on course.
- Time Limits applicable for all the races after which the course would be open for regular vehicular traffic:
- Full Marathon: 6hrs 30 min
- Half Marathon: 6hrs 30 min
For help, reach out to organizers through their help section https://www.portlandmarathon.com/help