|Sydney, Australia||TBD||Registration not yet Open|
Inaugurated in 2001, the Sydney Marathon (earlier known as Blackmores Sydney Running Festival) is one of the iconic races in Sydney. With an AIMS-certified course that takes the runners through key landmarks in the city, it promises to be a memorable event.
The event is owned by Athletics Australia and managed by Pont3 and is the only running event in Australia to be broadcast live each year and boosts an astounding 40,000+ participants from over 66 countries.
The Sydney Marathon (earlier known as Blackmores Sydney Running Festival) caters to all ages & experiences, beginners to experienced runners, kids & adults alike. Participants can choose from a full marathon, half marathon, a 10k run, and a 3.5k family run. It is a challenging and memorable run with 3 of the 4 distances finishing at the iconic Sydney Opera House.
The event has also raised over $23 million dollars since its inception for charitable organizations.
Book Your Stay Near Race Starting Point
Race Categories, Dates, Registration, Eligibility & Fees
|Marathon||Half Marathon||10K Run||Family Run|
|Start Time ^||7:05 am#||6:00 am||8:00 am||9:00 am|
|Start Cut –Off Time ^||7:20 am||6:20 am||8:35 am||9:25 am|
|Eligibility Criterion ^||18 years & above||15 years & above||No age criterion||No age criterion|
|Fees*/^ – Australians||AUD 125 & Up||AUD 95 & Up||AUD 53 & Up (adults), AUD 36 & Up (2-17 yrs)||AUD 40 & Up (adults), AUD 27 & Up (2-17 yrs)|
|Fees*/^- Non Australians||AUD 160 & Up||AUD 115 & Up||AUD 66 & Up (adults), AUD 50 & Up (2-17 yrs)||AUD 53 & Up (adults), AUD 40 & Up (2-17 yrs)|
|Registration ^||Registration not yet open||Registration not yet open||Registration not yet open||Registration not yet open|
|Expo Details^||For 2023, the expo was held at The Venue, Alexandria, Between 75 & 86 O’Riordan St., Sydney for 3 days prior to race Sunday.|
^ Details of Eligibility, Registration fees, Race Start time, Expo details, etc. for the Sydney Marathon 2024 has not yet been released. Above are details from the 2023 race event for reference
* A 6.5% + $1.25 processing fee (ex GST) is applied to all online transactions. All fees are time sensitive and will increase closer to race date
# Marathon (racing wheelchair) Start Time: 7:00 am
Information about the course maps & other details for the Sydney Marathon 2024 not yet available. Please check the information from the 2023 event below
|Marathon||Half Marathon||Bridge Run||Family Fun Run|
|Route Map & Other details||FM Route map & Details||HM Route map & Details||BR Route map & Details||FFR Route map & Details|
|Course elevation||FM Elevation||HM Elevation||–||–|
|Start Map||Start Map 2022|
|Recovery Village Map||Recovery Village Map 2022|
The race start and end points for Sydney Marathon are as follows:
|Start Point||Finish Point|
|For Marathon, Half Marathon & Bridge Run||Bradfield Park, Milsons Point||Sydney Opera House Forecourt|
|For Family Fun Run||Bradfield Park, Milsons Point||Conservatorium of Music, Macquarie Street|
No prizes have been declared for the Sydney Marathon 2024.
2023 and Earlier Edition Results/Photos
- Check Results for Sydney Marathon – 2023
- Check Results for Sydney Marathon (earlier Blackmores Sydney Running Festival)- 2022 (live)
- Check Results for Sydney Marathon (earlier Blackmores Sydney Running Festival) – 2021 (Virtual)
- Check Results for Sydney Marathon (earlier Blackmores Sydney Running Festival) – 2020 (Virtual)
- Check Results for Sydney Marathon (earlier Blackmores Sydney Running Festival) – Past Results
- Check Results for Sydney Marathon (earlier Blackmores Sydney Running Festival)- Past winners
- Runners can also apply for a “Preferred Start”. After registering online, they need to fill out the application form for a preferred start. A preferred start would be offered to athletes running under the following times:
a) Marathon: Sub 2hrs 40 min (Male) & sub 3 hrs 05 min (Female)
b) Half Marathon: Sub 1hr 10 min (Male) & sub 1 hr 20 min (Female)
c) 10km: Sub 35 min (Male) & sub 40 min (Female)
- Registration Fee is non-refundable & registrations are non-transferable.
- Race bib pick-up: Runners need to bring either a copy of their confirmation email received from the Race Roster at the time of registration or a copy of the SMS reminder received during event week. If the runner is unable to pick up the race bib from the event expo, they can nominate someone else to collect this on their behalf. The nominated person will need to bring a copy of the confirmation email or SMS reminder.
- Start groups: Runners need to select their start group basis predicted end times
- No prams, scooters, handcycles/crank cycles, or wheelchairs (with the exception of race wheelchairs) are allowed on the course.
- Wheelchair start group: Any participants wishing to participate in an everyday wheelchair or with a pram are asked to enter the C-Wave start group. An everyday wheelchair is not permitted in any other start group.
- Race Wheelchairs: Race wheelchairs are not permitted unless the athlete has qualified for the Elite Wheelchair Marathon Athlete division. Race wheelchairs cannot be used in any other start group.
- Companions: Sydney Marathon accepts companion cards for participants who require the assistance of a companion carer. A second entry ticket may be issued at no extra cost to the Companion Card holder.
- Aid stations: Gatorade and GU Gels would be available at selected drink stations along the course. A designated marathon-only refreshment station will be located after the finish line.
- Pacers: For Marathon & Half marathon events, pacers would be provided
- Results: All official results will be based on Gun Time. Participants will receive both Gun Time and Net Time on their finisher certificates.
- Time limits are applicable for all the races after which the course would be open for regular vehicular traffic.
a) Full Marathon: 6 hr
b) Half Marathon: 2 hr 45 min
c) 10k Bridge run: 1hr 30min
d) 3.5k Family Fun run: 1hr 05min