|Akron, Ohio, USA||September 30, 2023||Online Registration Closed|
One of 3-part race series, the FirstEnergy Akron Marathon is an annual event held in Akron in the month of September every year since the year 2003. The event offers a Full Marathon, Half Marathon, Team Relay as well as Kids Fun Run. It is considered a challenging course taking the participants through Akron’s historic landmarks and scenic neighborhoods
The course is a USATF Certified Course and is a qualifying event for the Boston Marathon.
Book Your Stay Near Race Starting Point
FirstEnergy Akron Marathon
Race Categories, Dates, Registration, Eligibility & Fees
|Marathon||Marathon Relay||Half Marathon||Kids Fun Run|
|Race Date||30th Sep, 2023||30th Sep, 2023||30th Sep, 2023||29th Sep, 2023|
|Start Time||7:00 am **||7:00 am||7:00 am||5:30 pm|
|Eligibility Criterion||16 years & above||12 year & above||14 years & above||12 years & Under|
|Fees||$105||$50 per member||$85||Free|
|Registration||Registration closed||Registration closed||Registration closed||Registration closed|
|Expo Details||Venue: John S. Knight Center, 77 East Mill Street, Akron, Ohio
Date & timing: 29th September (11am-8pm)
**Wheelchair division starts at 6:59 am
Route / Course Map
Please check information about the course maps & other details for the FirstEnergy Akron Marathon 2023 below
|Marathon/ Marathon Relay||Half Marathon||Kids Fun Run|
|Course Map||FM Course Map||HM Course Map||Kids Run Course Map|
The FirstEnergy Akron Marathon 2023 routes are OUT & BACK course with the below mentioned Start and Finish points:
|Start Point||Finish Point|
|Marathon/ Relay/ Half Marathon||Akron Art Museum, 1 S High Street, Akron||Akron Civic Theatre, 182 S Main Street , Akron|
|Kids Fun Run||300 S Main Street , Akron||Akron Civic Theatre, 182 S Main Street , Akron|
Information about the prizes/ awards for the FirstEnergy Akron Marathon 2023 are detailed below
|1st Prize||2nd Prize||3rd Prize|
|Marathon Open division||$ 2500 + Champion Brouse Cup||$ 1500||$ 1000|
|Marathon Masters division||$ 500 + Champion Brouse Cup||$ 375||$ 250|
|Ohio Resident Division||$ 750||$ 500||$ 250|
|Half Marathon Open division||$ 1000||$ 750||$ 500|
|Half Marathon Masters division||$ 400||$ 300||$ 200|
Other than above, the following incentives are also awarded in the FirstEnergy Akron Marathon
|Open Course record (M= 2:15:59 and F= 2:39:09)||$ 500|
|Masters Course record (M= 2:23:44 and F= 2:49:52)||$ 500|
|Wheelchair Division – First place||Award Plaque|
|Open Course record (M= 1:03:58 and F= 1:14:18)||$ 500|
|Masters Course record (M= 1:05:16 and F= 1:25:29)||$ 500|
Points to Note for Prize Purse
– Awards are equal for Male and Female participants
– Awards are reserved only for citizens of USA
– All Overall and Master’s awards are based on Gun Time, not Chip Time.
– Athletes can only be eligible for prize money in the event in which they are registered for.
– Participants CAN win more than one award where prize money is attached (e.g. eligible winner can double dip into overall AND Masters division).
– The top 3 Male and Female Marathon and Half Marathon finishers in all age categories will receive recognition awards: 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69 and 70+. You can win only one award.
– Overall and Master’s winners will be removed from Age Group Awards.
– Top 3 Relay teams are also awarded (Male/ Female/ Mixed)- both Open & Masters Division
2022 and Earlier Edition Results
- Check Results for FirstEnergy Akron Marathon 2022
- Check Results for Earlier editions of FirstEnergy Akron Marathon
- Transfer: Registration fees is transferrable to another person up to 45 days prior to the event date.
- Refund/ Deferment: No refund or deferment allowed. If you have purchased registration insurance, you can file a claim for refund with the registration insurance company
- Elite/ seeded athletes: Enhanced experience & complimentary entry is provided to qualified elite/seeded athletes. Please check more details about Elite/ Seeded Athletes here
- Wheelchair Division: Only Push-Rim racing chairs are allowed. Handcycles are not allowed
- Race Packet/ Bib collection: In case participant is unable to pick up their own race packets, they can authorize another person to pick up participant packet. The proxy must be able to verify runner’s registration information. No packet pick up is available on race day
- Non permitted items: Pets, skateboards scooters, bicycles, roller blades, strollers, baby joggers, baby carriers or any other types of vehicles (other than official race vehicles) are not allowed
- Head phones: Yes- they are allowed but runners must be aware of their surroundings and be courteous of those around them. Participants vying for prize money/overall awards are not permitted to wear headphones during the race.
- Corrals: Runners would be released in waves. There would be a total of 8 corrals with first 2 corrals for Elite & Seeded Athletes. The remaining 6 corral are assigned based on the timings submitted during registration
- Aid stations: Water & Sports drinks would be available at all aid stations. Gels would also be available at limited aid stations.
- Other facilities: Portable toilets and medical aid would also be available along the course
- Relay distance & start locations:
Leg #1: Starts at 1 S High St. and is 4.2 miles
Leg # 2: Starts at 250, E Mill St. and is 6.9 miles
Leg #3: Starts at 245, Wolf Ledges Pkwy and is 5.8 miles
Leg # 4: Starts at 1300 Sand Run Pkwy and is 4.5 miles
Leg # 5: Starts at 1565 Fairfax Road and is 4.8 miles
- Pacers are available who will pace groups of runners
- Time limit applicable on the course for after which the course is thrown open to normal traffic
-Full Marathon –6 hrs 30 min
– Half Marathon -3 hrs 30 min
For further/ more detailed information, please check Participant Guide here, Rules & Regulation guide here
- Phone: 1.877.375.2786
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 155 E. Voris St.Akron, Ohio 44311
- Website: https://www.akronmarathon.org/