|Des Moines, Iowa, USA||October 15, 2023||Registration Open|
The IMT Des Moines Marathon is a marathon event held annually in Des Moines, Iowa since 2002. It serves as a qualifier for the Boston Marathon.
Race weekend features Marathon, Marathon relay, Half Marathon, 5K and kids races. All races start and finish in the heart of downtown Des Moines and the course takes participants through scenic route of city parks and residential neighborhoods.
The 2020 event was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2021, the race celebrated its 20th Anniversary with IMT DSM Marathon designed medals.
Book Your Stay Near Race Starting Point
IMT Des Moines Marathon
Race Categories, Dates, Registration, Eligibility & Fees
|Marathon||Marathon Relay#||Half Marathon||5K||Kids Run|
|Race Date||15th October, 2023||15th October, 2023||15th October, 2023||15th October, 2023||15th October, 2023|
|Start Time||8:00 am||8:00 am||8:00 am||8:30 am||12:00 pm onwards^|
|Eligibility Criterion^^^||5 years & above||5 years & above||5 years & above||5 years & above||Preschool & above|
|Fees ^^||$ 94 & Up||$ 79 & Up||$ 64 & Up (per member)||$ 25 & Up||$ 15|
|Registration||Register here||Register here||Register here||Register here||Register here|
|Expo Details||Venue: Iowa Events Center – Hall C, 730 3rd Street. Des Moines, IA 50309.
Date: 13th Oct (3pm-8pm) & 14th Oct (10am -6pm)
^ Different race start timings as per age category – detailed below:
12:00 pm: Preschool (upto 75 yards)
12:10 pm: Kindergarten (upto 150 yards)
12:20 pm: 1st / 2nd Grade (upto 1/4 th Mile)
12:30 pm: 3rd/ 4th Grade (upto 1/2 Mile)
12:40 pm: 5th Grade & Up (upto 1mile)
^^ Fees for Live events are time –sensitive i.e. increases closer to race date.
^^^ Any participant under 18 must have a parent or guardian register and sign a waiver for them for the event they wish to participate in. The parent or guardian is also strongly encouraged to register and join with the underage participant in the event they are participating in.
#Teams of 2 – 5 members who complete the marathon course. Following teams are allowed:
– Open (Team members are male, female, or a mix of the two)
– Masters (Team members are age 40 and over)
– Groups (Team members are from the same group, organization, or family)
– Para Athlete (Team members are providing para-athlete assistance on the course)
Route / Course Map
Please check information about the course maps & other details for the IMT Des Moines Marathon 2023 below. The IMT Des Moines Marathon route has an OUT & BACK course
|Course Map||Start/ Finish Points|
|Marathon||FM Course Map||Court Avenue District, 300 Court Avenue, Des Moines|
|Marathon Relay||Relay Course Map|
|Half Marathon||HM Course Map|
|5K||5K Course Map|
|Kids run||Not available yet||Science Center, Iowa|
Marathon: Prize Money
- Prizes are awarded to the top three male and female finishers and the top two male and female master’s finishers.
- Top 3 male/ female winners: 1st place $2,500, 2nd place $1,000, 3rd place $500.
- Top 2 masters male/female winners: 1st place $350, 2nd place $200.
- A cash bonus of $2500 is offered if the male/female winner breaks the current event record.
- An additional $1000 cash bonus is offered if they finish under 02:20 and 02:40, respectively.
- Scheels gift cards of $100 to the top Iowa male/ female winners (only 1st place)
Half Marathon: Prize Money
- Scheels gift cards to the top 3 male /female winners; 1st place $750, 2nd place $500, 3rd place $250.
- An additional Scheels $100 gift card bonus if male /female winner sets a new event record
- Scheels gift cards to the top 2 masters male /female winners: 1st place $200, 2nd place $100.
- Scheels gift cards of $50 to the top Iowa male /female winners.
Age Division Awards
- Personalized keepsake to Marathon, Half Marathon & 5K top three male /female finishers in each of the following age groups; 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, and 80 & over.
- Awards are equal for Male and Female participants
- An athlete can be awarded prize money in only one race division category. No duplicate or ‘double-dip’ between prize money, overall awards, and age division awards.
- Prize money and Scheels gift cards are not offered in the Principal 5K Road Race or Bankers Trust Marathon Relay.
- Separate registration is available for Para-athletes and Pro/Elite athletes.
- A free mobile app is available to aid both runners & spectators.
- Bike Support is available and would provide basic first aid, information, support course control and security.
- Pacers: Pace Team is available from the Fitness Sports who will pace groups of runners according to the following finish times:
- Marathon finish times range from the 3:20 to 5:20 hour mark while that for half marathon range from the 1:30 to 3:00 hour mark
- Aid stations: There would be aid stations located along the course providing water, Gatorade drink & other endurance products and Energy gels. Fresh fruit would also be available
- Washroom and medical facilities are also available along the course
- Time limits: Finish line is open for 7 hours for all race categories Race officials will not remove athletes who cannot maintain a 16:00 minute per mile pace from the marathon course. First aid stations, sag wagons, and the Bike Iowa Bike Support team will remain on the course until every athlete crosses the finish line though volunteer service might not be available
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org.