|Richmond, Virginia, USA||November 11, 2023||Registration Open|
The Allianz Partners Richmond Marathon is a marathon held annually in Richmond, Virginia since it was established in 1978. It was earlier known as the Richmond Newspapers Marathon, then as SunTrust Richmond Marathon and Anthem Richmond Marathon.
While the Allianz Partners Richmond Marathon is open to athletes of all ages, it supports efforts to make running accessible to youth in the Richmond area through the Kids Run RVA program.
The race has live DJs, bands, spirit groups, and party zones to pump you and give you that extra motivation.
Book Your Stay Near Race Starting Point
Allianz Partners Richmond Marathon
Race Categories, Dates, Registration, Eligibility & Fees
|Start Time||7:45 am||7:30 am||7:00 am|
|Eligibility Criterion||16 years & above||12 years & above||6 years & Up|
|Fees – Live event*||$85 & Up #||$75 & Up #||$30 & Up #|
|Fees – Virtual*||$70 & Up||$60 & Up||$30|
|Registration**||Register here||Register here||Register here|
Venue: Richmond Raceway (Gate #7 entrance), 4690, Carolina Ave, Richmond, VA
Date: 10th Nov (4-7pm), & 11th Nov (11am-8pm)
*Sign-up fee would be applicable over & above the entry fees listed.
** Runners can also opt for the Richmond Challenge where they need to run one live event and any 2 virtual events.
# Fees for Live events are time-sensitive i.e. increases closer to the race date. Early bird discounts are available. Upward increments will happen on
Marathon: Nov 18th (2022), Apr 15, Jul 1, Sep 16, Nov 7, and Nov 11, 2023
Half Marathon: Nov 19th (2022), Apr 15, Jul 1, Sep 16, Nov 7, and Nov 11, 2023
8K: Nov 19th (2022), Jul 1, Sep 16, Nov 7 and Nov 11, 2023
Information about the course map and other course details for the Allianz Partners Richmond Marathon 2023 are provided below.
|Course Information||FM Course Information||HM Course Information||8K Course Information|
|Course Map – PDF||FM PDF map||HM PDF map||8K PDF map|
|Course Map – Interactive||FM Interactive map||HM Interactive map||8K Interactive map|
|Start Area Map||Start Area|
|Finish Area/Post Race party||Finish Area|
The Allianz Partners Richmond Marathon 2023 route is an OUT & BACK course with the below-mentioned Start and Finish points:
|Start Point||Finish Point|
|Marathon||5th & Grace Streets, Downtown Richmond||5th & Tredegar Street at Brown’s Island and the Canal Walk|
|Half Marathon||7th & Broad Streets, Downtown Richmond||5th & Tredegar Street at Brown’s Island and the Canal Walk|
|8K||8th & Broad Streets, Downtown Richmond||5th & Tredegar Street at Brown’s Island and the Canal Walk|
Information about the Allianz Partners Richmond Marathon 2023 is given below:
- Awards will be presented to the top five in all age groups in all races.
- Age groups for the races are: 19 & under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75- 79, 80-84 and 85 & up.
Points to note for Awards
- All awards are equal for male & female runners
- Overall awards are determined by clock time; age group awards by chip time.
- A minimum of 6 participants must be in an age group in order to receive an award.
- Age group winners will be notified by email in early December, with instructions on how to redeem their personalized award.
2022 and Earlier Edition Results/Photos
- Check Results for Allianz Partners Richmond Marathon 2022
- Check Results for Allianz Partners Richmond Marathon 2021
- Check Results for Allianz Partners Richmond Marathon 2020
- Check Earlier Results for Allianz Partners Richmond Marathon
- Entry Fees are non-refundable.
- No transfer of entries from person to person is allowed but race category can be changed (provided slots are empty) by paying $10 and the entry fee difference.
- No hand cycles, strollers, baby joggers, babies in carriers/backpacks, in-line skates, skateboards, bicycles, or animals on leashes are allowed on the course.
- A photo ID is required for race packet pick-up.
- A representative can also pick up the race packet provided they have a copy of the participant’s photo ID.
- At an additional cost, the bib number and shirt can also be mailed.
- Participants in the marathon will be corralled for the start based on predicted times listed on their completed entry form.
- Water, Nuun Endurance, Port-o-Johns, and medical aid are available at all aid stations. GU gels, Pickle juice, and junk food are available only at limited aid stations.
- Time limits applicable for races: Marathon (7 hrs) and Half marathon (4 hrs).
- For more information, please check the Richmond Marathon FAQs here.
Phone: (804) 285-9495
Address: Allianz Partners Richmond Marathon, c/o Sports Backers, 100 Avenue of Champions, Suite 300, Richmond, VA 23230