|Brisbane, Australia||June 1-2, 2024||Registration Open|
The Brisbane Marathon Festival, first held in 1992, is Brisbane’s oldest and the only marathon distance running event attracting over 8000 runners across the various events. With an IAAF- AIMS-certified course, the Brisbane Marathon is a Boston Qualifier race. It truly offers a bouquet of races suited to all age groups with the youngest participant being 4 years and the oldest being 83 years old! The event is a major fundraiser for the Ronald McDonald House Charity.
Various Distances/Events offered during the race are as follows:
- Kids 2km
- 5K (Walk & Run)
- Half Marathon
The marathon course records are held by Samuel Woldeamanuel (2:21:50) in the men’s category and by Marina Wong (2:44:03) in the Women’s category.
Book Your Stay Near Race Starting Point
Brisbane Marathon Festival
Race Categories, Dates, Registration, Eligibility & Fees
|Marathon||Half Marathon||10K||5K (Walk/ Run)||Mini Marathon|
|Start Time||6:00 am||6:00 am||9:00 am||10:00 am||11:00 am|
|Eligibility Criterion||17 years & above||14 years & above||11 years & above||4 years & above#||4 years & above#|
|Fees**||$160 & Up||$125 & Up||$80 & Up||Run- $50/ $40 (U18) & Up
Walk- $50 & Up
|$35/ $25 (U18) & Up|
|Registration||Register here||Register here||Register here||Register here||Register here|
|Expo Details||Venue: Event Precinct, City Botanic Gardens
Date & Timings: May 30 (12pm-3pm), May 31 (10am-5pm) and June 1 (9am-4pm)
#Entrants under 7 years need to be accompanied by an adult.
** Prices are time sensitive i.e. will increase as we get closer to the race date.
Information about the Race Routes & Elevation details for Brisbane Marathon Festival 2024 is detailed below
The marathon and half marathon routes are similar and takes the runners across Brisbane’s well-known landmarks like the City Centre, the Story Bridge, Kangaroo Point Cliffs, and New Farm. For the Full marathon, the runners have to do 2 laps of the same route.
The Brisbane Marathon Festival has an OUT & BACK course with the below-mentioned Start and Finish points for all races:
|Start Point||Finish Point|
|Alice Street, Brisbane City||At Event Precinct – City Botanic Gardens|
Information about the prize details for the Brisbane Marathon Festival 2024 is given below.
Awards would be handed out to the top 3 male and female competitors for each of the following distances – Marathon, Half Marathon, or 10km.
Additionally, an incentive will be paid to the overall winner (male and female) in each of the above events if they complete the course in the times below.
POINTS TO NOTE FOR PRIZES/AWARDS
- All prize money is in Australian dollars (AUD).
- All awards are paid equally to men and women.
- All prize money and incentives are subject to a deduction of Australian income tax for those who are not Australian residents.
- Prize money is subject to meeting any doping control measures in place.
- Winners (1st place) in each age category would be provided with a medal. Age categories are as below:
- Marathon & Half marathon: Wheelchair, 14-17, 18-20, 21-24, 25-29, 30-34. 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- 10km, 5km (Run/walk): U14, U16, U18, U20, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- 2km: Wheelchair, Wheelchair (need a companion), U8, U12, U16, 16+
2023 and Earlier Edition Results/Photos
- Check Results for Brisbane Marathon Festival 2023
- Check Results for Brisbane Marathon Festival 2022
- Check Results for Brisbane Marathon Festival 2021
- Check Results for earlier editions of the Brisbane Marathon Festival
- Aid stations: The aid stations are stocked with water and electrolytes. Few of the aid stations only cater to the special needs for marathon runners only.
- Bib collection: All participants (registered before a certain date) have the option of having the bibs mailed. Else the bibs are made available at the event expo. A representative can also pick the bib on participants’ behalf after showing the copy of registration email
- Cancellation: Refund is allowed against cancellations with graded fee-return (dependent on the time of request).
- Cut-off timings are applicable. Below are the cut-off time for Marathon, Half marathon, 10km race, and other races.
- 42.2km – 6hr cut off
- 21.1km – 3hr 30 min cut off
- 10km – 2hr cut off
- All other races – Need to finish by Midday
- Pacesetters: Pace setters would be available for Marathon, Half marathon & 10km
- Prams & Wheelchairs: Children within pram and wheelchair participants are welcome to participate in the race. For safety reasons, they would need to start from the back of the field.
- Transfer of Bib/ Distance: Transfer to another person is allowed. Transfer to another distance is subject to the availability of spots.
- Training guides: Training guides are available for download for marathon, half marathon & 10km categories on the official marathon website.
- Weather: The morning temperature is slightly chilly but pleasant at around 70 C warming up to 220 C during the day.
Address: Brisbane Marathon Festival, 33 Park Road, Milton, 4064, Queensland, Australia
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org