|Feb 24, 2024
The Lost City Marathon is held in the ancient Maya city of Palenque, México. Palenque is a city nestled in the dense rainforests of Chiapas region in the Yucatan peninsula – now been recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its historical and cultural significance
Surrounded by lush vegetation, the route is quite challenging and follows steep hill, jungle trails & rivers. The course takes the runners through picturesque ranches and small villages giving them a chance to run a marathon surrounded by breathtaking beauty. The race features both a marathon and a half marathon.
Lost City Marathon is a part of the extreme marathon series hosted by Adventure Marathon. Albatros Adventure Marathons – not only provides packages for Lost City Marathon but also offers packages for other races listed below:
- First Light Marathon
- Icefjord Midnight Marathon
- Great Wall Marathon
- Big Five Marathon
- Island Volcano Marathon
- Petra Desert Marathon
- World’s Fastest Marathon
- Polar Circle Marathon
- Bagan Temple Marathon
Book Your Stay Near Race Starting Point
Lost City Marathon:
Race Categories, Dates, Registration, Eligibility & Fees
|18 years & above
|16 year & above
|Fees – Race fees #
|Fees – Package #
|Packages starting at USD 990 & Up
(single room supplement USD +150 & Up)
|Bib Pick-up/ Briefing Details
|Date & Venue: TBD
# Race entry depends on your residential status: Please check here for more details
- International participants: Race entry is ONLY possible in conjunction with a multi-day tour package. The packages include accommodation, social events, sightseeing, and select meals and transportation per the itinerary. Race entry fees is separate.
- Residents of China: Participants living permanently in Mexico and holding a residency permit are eligible for local entry, which includes only the race. As proof of eligibility, residents and citizens of Mexico must present a current, valid residency permit and/or passport. Upon receiving the entry, you will be requested copies of your official, government-issued documentation
Route / Course Map
Information about the course maps & other details for the Lost City Marathon 2024 not yet made available by the organizers. It would be updated as soon as there is any update on the official race page.
The Lost City Marathon route is an OUT & BACK course with below mentioned start & finish points
|Marathon / Half Marathon
|Palenque Archeological Zone
|La Chiapaneca restaurant, Near Palenque Archeological Zone
Earlier Edition Results
- The 2024 edition would be the inaugural run for the Lost City Marathon
- Payment: At the time of booking, a 25% deposit will be charged to your payment card. The remaining 75% of the trip price will be charged 75 days prior to departure. If your trip is booked less than 75 days prior to departure, the full amount will be charged.
- Change of distance: It is possible to change the distance on the race briefing day (prior to race day). Participants can also change distance earlier by contacting the organizers.
- Valid visa and passport is a must to travel to China
- Travel insurance: All travellers must be suitably insured.
- Travel restrictions: All travel participants must be self-reliant. Please consult the travel agency before booking a tour. The travel agency reserves the right to decline participants who will not be able to participate in the tour on their own.
- Surface: The Lost City Marathon is mainly run on gravel road with a few short parts on asphalt and a stretch on the Sendero Motiepa trail. Marathon runners will also have approximately 10 km on narrow mountain trails through jungle forest.
- Aid stations: There will be water stations approximately every 4 kilometres. Some stations will also serve energy drinks
- Time limit applicable on the course
– Marathon –7 hrs
– Half Marathon- 6 hrs 30 min
- Terms & conditions: Please read more about Albatros Adventure Marathons Terms & Conditions here.
- Travel partners: Albatroz Adventure Marathons has a number of travel partners around the world. You can check the list of travel partners here
Mailing address: Albatros Adventure Marathons, Tøndergade 16, DK-1752 Copenhagen V
Tel: +45 36 98 98 38