|Brooklyn, New York, USA||May 18, 2024||Registration Not Yet Open|
*Registration closed for Half marathon except for specific member types. Kids Run registrations still open
The RBC Brooklyn Half, inaugurated in 1981, is an annual road race event featuring a half marathon along with a kids’ mile run called the Boardwalk Kids Run. While the first run only had a few hundred participants, in the recently concluded RBC Brooklyn Half 2022 nearly 19000 runners finished the race.
Administered by New York Road Runners (NYRR), the event is a part of New York Road Runners’ Five-Borough Series and is one of its premier events drawing runners from far & wide. The RBC Brooklyn Half course starts at Prospect Park, takes the runners through the diverse Brooklyn neighborhoods, and finishes at the Coney Island boardwalk.
Book Your Stay Near Race Starting Point
RBC Brooklyn Half
Race Categories, Dates, Registration, Eligibility & Fees
|Half Marathon||Boardwalk Kids Run
(Stage 2- Non Competitive)
|Boardwalk Kids Run
(Stage 3- Competitive)
|Distance||21.1km||1 mile||1 mile|
|Start Time*||7:00 am & 7:45am ^||11:30 am||11:15 am|
|Eligibility Criterion*||16 years & above||8-18 years||12-18 years|
|Fees*||USD 115: Friend/ Jr. Friends
USD 90: Member- Sr./ Jr. / Plus
USD 90: Armed Services Veteran
USD 90: Collegiate
USD 90: Philanthropic- Miler/ 5K
USD 0: Philanthropic 10K
|$ 0/ Free||$ 0/ Free|
|Registration^^||Registration not yet Open||Registration not yet Open||Registration not yet Open|
|Expo Details*||The Expo Venue for 2023 event was at Pier 2, Brooklyn Bridge Park for 3 days prior to race day. (No prior appointment was needed)|
*Details of Eligibility, Race Start time, etc. for the RBC Brooklyn Half 2024 has not yet been released. Above are details from the 2023 event for reference
^The participants of the RBC Brooklyn Half are usually divided into starting waves and corrals based on their anticipated finish time entered during registration or recent fastest finish time. The HM runners are then released in multiple waves. Corrals for Wave 1 Open at 6:00am & Close by 6:40am with Wave 1 race start time of 7:00am. Corrals for Wave 2 Open at 6:00am & Close by 7:20am with Wave 2 race start time of 7:45am.
^^There are various ways to enter the RBC Brooklyn Half Marathon:
- Non-guaranteed entry through Lottery
- Guaranteed entry through Time qualifier^^
- Guaranteed entry through International Tour operators @
- Guaranteed entry through Team for Kids #
- Guaranteed entry through Seeded Entry $
- Applications through “Race Free” $$
Other than above, those runners who volunteered at RBC Brooklyn Half 2022, those who canceled their entry to RBC Brooklyn Half 2022 and those who Completed Virtual 6 program in year 2022 are eligible for non complementary guaranteed entry
^^ For More information on entry through time qualifiers, check here
@ For More information on entry through International tour operators, check here
# For More information on entry through Team for Kids check here
$ For seeded entry following time standards apply (* applicable for 2022 race)
Non Complimentary entry:
Information about the course maps & other details for the RBC Brooklyn Half 2024 not yet available. Please check the information from the 2023 event below.
- Check Route Map for RBC Brooklyn Half 2023 – Half Marathon
- Check Start Map for TBC Brooklyn Half 2023- Half Marathon
- Check Finish Map for TBC Brooklyn Half 2023- Half Marathon
- Check Route Map for RBC Brooklyn Half 2023 – Boardwalk Kids Run
The RBC Brooklyn Half route for the Half Marathon is a POINT TO POINT course while that for Boardwalk Kids Run would be an OUT & BACK route with the below-mentioned Start and Finish points.
|Start Point||Finish Point|
|Half Marathon||Brooklyn Museum (Start area map)||Coney Island Boardwalk (Finish area map)|
|Boardwalk Kids Run||Coney Island Boardwalk||Coney Island Boardwalk|
Information about the prize money & other details for the RBC Brooklyn Half 2024 not yet available. Please check the information from the 2023 event below. All prizes are equal for men, women and non-binary categories.
|Award Money||Award details||Eligibility|
|Open Division||1st Prize – $2000, 2nd Prize – $1000, 3rd Prize – $500, 4th Prize – $200 and 5th Prize – $100||Top finishers in men, women & non-binary||Runner must complete the course in under 1hr 30min|
|Team||1st Prize – $500, 2nd Prize – $400, 3rd Prize – $300, 4th Prize – $200 and 5th Prize – $100||Top 5 men, women & non-binary teams*|
|Open Division Time Bonus||$100||A bonus for man/woman who break existing event records||Must break (not tie) the record to earn the bonus.
Men record (1:03:14),
Women record (1:12:24) and
Non Binary (1:16:25)
|Top Brooklyn Finisher||$500||Top finisher in men, women & non-binary||Residency is determined by zip code at the time of registration. Cumulative with overall prize money, if applicable.|
- A “team” is defined as 5 men, 5 women, or 3 non-binary all running with the same affiliation.
2023 and Earlier Edition Results
- Check Results for RBC Brooklyn Half 2023- Half Marathon
- Check Results for RBC Brooklyn Half 2022- Half Marathon
- Check Results for RBC Brooklyn Half 2019 – Half Marathon
- Check Results for Earlier editions of RBC Brooklyn Half
- Check Results for RBC Brooklyn Half 2022- Boardwalk Kids Run (Stage 3)
- Once a runner has claimed their entry, or once a drawing applicant has been accepted into the race, all entry fees are non-refundable.
- Starting January 1, 2023, and in accordance with New York State and the City of New York protocols and guidelines:
- Participants in NYRR races and youth participants in Rising New York Road Runners events are not required to have proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
- Runners will not be required to wear a face covering while in the start corral, on the course, or in the post-finish area.
- Face coverings are not required at the NYRR RUNCENTER or other indoor venues.
- Pacers would be available for timings starting at 1hr 20 min up to 3 hrs.
- More details can be checked on the Race Event Guide 2022.
- The RBC Brooklyn Half is a qualifier for both “9+1 program” as well as “4 out of 6 programs”.
- Water, energy drinks, Gatorade Endurance gels, and other refreshments would be available on the route/course. Water and refreshments are available to all runners post-race finish.
- Medical and washroom facilities would also be available on the route/course as well at the start point/finish line of a race.
Address: NYRR RUNCENTER, 320 West 57th Street, New York, NY 10019
Phone: + 91 855-569-6977
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org