|August 11, 2024
|Registration Not Yet Open
Established in 1971, the City2Surf is a race organized annually in NSW, Sydney. Over the years the City2Surf race has transformed from a local road race (with just 2025 entrants in 1971) to the world’s largest fun run attracting more than 85,000 participants from across the globe.
The reputation of City2Surf Race has grown exponentially over the year and the event is widely recognised as a ‘bucket-list’ item for serious runners and adventure lovers around the world. The race has been listed in “The Telegraph” (16 Great Running races Around the World), “Runner’s World” (20 Races To Do Before You Die) and “Running Shoes Guru” (Top Ten Running Races In The World).
Book Your Stay Near Race Starting Point
Race Categories, Dates, Registration, Eligibility & Fees
|Start Time #
|7:40 am onwards@
|Eligibility Criterion #
|No Minimum age specified*
|Fees #/ **
|Child (Below 9 years) ^: AUD 25 & Up
Child (10-16 years) ^: AUD 45 & Up
Adult (16+ years): AUD 88 & Up
|Registration Not Yet Open
|Expo Details #
|The 2023 event expo was held at The Hordern Pavilion, 1 Driver Avenue, Moore Park, NSW
Route / Course Map
Information about the course maps & other details for the City2Surf Sydney 2024 not yet available. Please check the information from the 2023 event below is detailed below
|Start Area Map
|Start Area Map
|Finish Area Map
|Finish Area Map
The City2Surf Sydney is a POINT TO POINT course with the below mentioned Start and Finish points:
Information about the prizes/ awards for the City2Surf Sydney 2024 not available but below are details from the 2023 edition
|1st Place Male & Female
|2nd Place Male & Female
|3rd Place Male & Female
|4th Place Male & Female
|5th Place Male & Female
|14km Elite Wheelchair**
Points to Note for Prize Purse
-Awards are equal for Male and Female participants
-Prizes are awarded based on the first three athletes to cross the Finish Line (gun time).
-Age Group awarded based on net/mat time
-Elite Wheelchair cash prize will only apply if there is a minimum of 3 athletes competing.
2023 and Earlier Edition Results
- Check Results for City2Surf Sydney 2023
- Check Results for City2Surf Sydney 2022
- Check Results for City2Surf Sydney earlier editions
- Registration: Registrations are non-transferable between runners, if you are unable to attend the race you will need to contact the team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fee Refund: If you cannot participate in the event for medical reasons, partial entry fee refunds are available in accordance with the Athlete Medical Withdrawal policy only. After the stipulated dates, entry fees are non-refundable for medical withdrawals initiated by the athlete. Refunds will only be issued for the entry fee where participation in the event is not appropriate due to medical reasons. Any additional purchases, already paid for on your behalf by the Event Operator to a third party service provider such as Official Event Photographer photo packages, medal engraving tags, training plans, or donations, are not refundable.
- Pre-Qualification timings/ Start Corral qualification: Athletes registering into City2Surf have the option to enter into the event in an open category, or submit an application to pre-qualify to run in a qualifying Start Group.
- Elite Wheelchair/ seeded athletes: Prequalification required.
- Preferred athletes: Prequalification required.
- Start groups:
- Red Start: Prequalification required. Aim to complete course in sub 70 min
- Green Start: Prequalification required. Aim to complete course in sub 80 min
- Pink Start: Prequalification required. Aim to complete course in sub 90 min
- Blue Start: Those aiming to complete course in sub 120 min
- Yellow Start: Those aiming to complete course in sub 140 min
- Orange Start: For walkers/ fun group/ pushed wheelchair/ strollers and participants with service dogs
- Change in start group: Once registration is complete, unfortunately no formal changes to start groups can be made. Runners can start behind their registered start group but not before.
- Bib Collection: Participants opting for bob postage will get their race bibs posted to address mentioned during registration. Late registrants or those not opting for bib postage need to carry a copy of the e-ticket to expo event to collect their race bib. Someone else can also pick up the bib on runners’ behalf as long as they can show a copy of the e-ticket
- Lost/ Damaged Bib: If you have lost or damaged your race bib or timing chip you will need to purchase a replacement from Race Bib Collection at the City2Surf Expo or Race HQ on race morning for a nominal fee
- Baggage: Baggage service is available for all runners. All items need to be kept in a mesh bag provided by organizers. No personal bags are allowed. Runners can deposit bags pre event at the expo or on race day at start line
- Public Transport: Return public transport will be available for all participants competing in the City2Surf event. Your ticket includes race entry and return public transport, simply present your race bib or finisher’s medallion when boarding public transport on race day.
- Aid stations would be supplied with water, isotonic sports drinks, portable toilets and first aid
- Time limit applicable on the course which closes at 2pm
- Event cancellation: If the event does not take place for reasons relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, where possible, event will be rescheduled the event for a later date. Your event registration and any additional purchases will be automatically moved to the new event date. If you can’t make the rescheduled event date, you will be given an opportunity to defer your entry to the following year. If the event cannot be rescheduled, your event registration and any additional purchases will be automatically moved to the same event next year