|Ilulissat, Greenland||June 1, 2024||Registration Open|
Icefjord Midnight Marathon is a running event which is held in the town of Ilulissat, in Greenland. Organized annually, the Icefjord Midnight Marathon has become one of the most popular race packages. Held in the summer months, when the sun never sets, the race is truly a trail run over rocky terrain overlooking icebergs which literally glitter under the midnight sun.
Icefjord Midnight Marathon is a part of the extreme marathon series hosted by Adventure Marathon. Albatros Adventure Marathons – not only provides packages for Icefjord Midnight Marathon but also offers packages for other races listed below:
- First Light Marathon
- Lost City Marathon
- Great Wall Marathon
- Big Five Marathon
- Island Volcano Marathon
- Petra Desert Marathon
- World’s Fastest Marathon
- Polar Circle Marathon
- Bagan Temple Marathon
Book Your Stay Near Race Starting Point
Icefjord Midnight Marathon:
Race Categories, Dates, Registration, Eligibility & Fees
|Distance||42.2 km||21.1 km|
|Start Time||21:00 (9:00 pm)||22:30 (10:30 pm)|
|Eligibility Criterion||18 years & above||16 years & above|
|Fees – Race fees #||Euro 300||Euro 300|
|Fees – Package #||Euro 2800 & Up
(single room supplement Euro +350 & Up)
|Registration#||For International runners: Register here
For Local residents: Please Contact organizers
|Bib Pick-up/ Briefing Details||Date: May 31, 2024
# Race entry depends on your residential status: Please check here for more details
- International participants: Race entry is ONLY possible in conjunction with a multi-day tour package. The packages include accommodation, social events, sightseeing, and select meals and transportation per the itinerary. Race entry fees is separate.
- Residents of Greenland: Participants who meet the necessary Greenlandic residency requirements are eligible for local entry, which includes only the race. As proof of eligibility, residents and citizens of Greenland must present a current, valid residency permit and/or passport. Upon receiving the entry, you will be requested copies of your official, government-issued documentation
Route / Course Map
Please check information about the course maps & other details for the Icefjord Midnight Marathon 2024 below. The Icefjord Midnight Marathon route is an OUT & BACK course with below mentioned start & finish points
|Course Map||Starting Point||Finish Point|
|Marathon / Half Marathon||Course Map||Hotel Hvide Falk.||Hotel Hvide Falk.|
All finishers receive a medal. A small, symbolic prize is given to the winners of both distances for men and women. Please note that there is no prize money.
2023 and Earlier Edition Results
- Check Results for Icefjord Midnight Marathon – 2023 – all distances here
- Check Results for Icefjord Midnight Marathon- All editions & all distances here
- Payment: At the time of booking, a 25% deposit will be charged to your payment card. The remaining 75% of the trip price will be charged 75 days prior to departure. If your trip is booked less than 75 days prior to departure, the full amount will be charged.
- Change of distance: It is possible to change the distance you want to run up to 10 days before the race starts.
- Valid visa and passport: As a general rule, if you do not need a visa to enter Denmark, then you do not need a visa to enter Greenland. But, all participants are responsible for checking themselves if their nationality requires a visa or not, and are also responsible for obtaining the visa if so. Please also note that Greenland is not a part of the Schengen agreement, and thus standard Schengen visas are not valid for entry
- Travel insurance: All travellers must be suitably insured.
- Travel restrictions: All travel participants must be self-reliant. Wheelchair users and people with a motor handicap are welcome but please consult the travel agency before booking a tour. The travel agency reserves the right to decline participants who will not be able to participate in the tour on their own.
- Surface: The Icefjord Midnight Marathon will be run on a variety of surfaces: pavement and gravel roads in and around the town, a short stretch on a wooden path, and rocky trails.
- Aid stations: There will be water stations approximately every 4 kilometres. Some stations will also serve energy drinks and bananas. Marathon runners will be offered energy gels
- Time limit applicable on the course Marathon –7 hrs Half Marathon- 5 hrs 30 min
- Terms & conditions: Please read more about Albatros Adventure Marathons Terms & Conditions here.
- Albatroz Adventure Marathons has a number of travel partners around the world. You can check the list of travel partners here
- Mailing address: Albatros Adventure Marathons, Tøndergade 16, DK-1752 Copenhagen V Denmark
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +45 36 98 98 38
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/icefjordmidnightmarathon/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/albatrosadventuremarathons/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/AdventureMarathon
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/albatros-adventure-marathons/