|Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA||13th-14th January, 2024||Registration Open|
Established in 2012, the Louisiana Marathon is a major racing event on the winter running calendar. With a largely flat race course that is USATF certified and qualifies for Boston Marathon, it attracts runners from far and near.
The Louisiana Marathon course takes runners from the downtown Baton Rouge area, along the river, through the University Lakes & the State University campus, and other historic river town neighborhoods before ending back at the downtown area.
Book Your Stay Near Race Starting Point
The Louisiana Marathon
Race Categories, Dates, Registration, Eligibility & Fees
|Marathon||Half Marathon||Quarter Marathon||5K||Kids Marathon|
|Race Date||Jan 14, 2024||Jan 14, 2024||Jan 13, 2024||Jan 14, 2024||Jan 14, 2024|
|Start Time||7:00 am||7:00 am||8:00 am||8:00 am||10:15 am|
|Eligibility Criterion *||No eligibility criterion specified||No eligibility criterion specified||No eligibility criterion specified||No eligibility criterion specified||2-12 years|
|Early Bird Fees ^^||$85||$70||$40||$25||$20|
|Fees ^/ ^^||$150 & Up||$140 & Up||$70 & Up||$45 & Up||$25|
|Registration||Register here||Register here||Register here||Register here||Register here|
|Expo Details||Pre-Race Packet Pickup Venue: Raising Cane’s River Center Ballroom, Baton Rouge, LA 70802 Date & Timings: Jan 12 (11am-6pm) & Jan 13 (10am-5pm)
Race Day Packet Pickup Venue: AZ Young Park Date & Timings: Jan 13- Quarter & 5K (6am-7:30am) & Kids run (6am-10am for) & Jan 14-Full & Half Marathon (5:30am-6:30am)
^ Prices are time sensitive i.e. will go up as we get closer to the race date.
^^ Additional Sign up fees will be charged. This is the service fee for processing the application and varies per race category.
* Applicants who are below 18 years old need to have permission from a parent/legal guardian to participate in the race.
Information about the course maps & other details for the Louisiana Marathon 2024 is detailed below
|Marathon||Half Marathon||Quarter Marathon||5K||Kids Run|
|Course Map||FM Course Map||HM Course Map||QM Course Map||5K Course Map||KR Course Map|
|Online Interactive Map||FM Online Map||HM Online Map||QM Online Map||5K Online Map||KR Online Map|
|Elevation Map||FM Elevation Map||—||—||—||—|
|Finish Fest||Finish Fest Map|
The Louisiana Marathon route has an OUT & BACK course with the below mentioned Start and Finish points:
|Start Point||Finish Point|
|North 4th Street, Downtown Baton Rouge||North 4th Street, Downtown Baton Rouge|
Information about the prizes/ awards for the Louisiana Marathon 2024 are detailed below
There will be specific overall, masters, grand masters, great grandmasters, and age group awards for all races except the Kid’s Marathon.
The top finishers in the 5K, Quarter, Half Marathon, and Marathon will receive an overall award in the following categories:
- Top 3 Overall (Male and Female)
- Top /First Position Masters (40+) (Male and Female)
- Top /First Position Grand Masters (50+) (Male and Female)
- Top /First Position Great Grand Masters (60+) (Male and Female)
Full & Half Marathon: Top 3 males & females in each age category will receive an award (Age categories: 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85+*)
5K And Quarter Marathon: Top 3 male & female in each age category will receive an award(Age categories: 10 & Under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85+*)
Deja Vu Award: Runners who finish the Louisiana Quarter Marathon or Louisiana Marathon 5K on Saturday AND finish the Marathon OR Half Marathon on Sunday receive the coveted Deja Vu Award: a custom medal.
Beach To Bayou Award: Run any distance (excluding the Kid’s Marathon) at The Louisiana Marathon and any distance (excluding the Kid’s Marathon) at the sister race, the Mississippi Gulf Coast Marathon, and get the Beach to Bayou Challenge Medal.
School awards: Top 3 schools with maximum participation in kids races will be awarded $500, $300 and $150 at a minimum
Points to Note for Prize Purse
- Awards are equal/same for Male and Female participants.
- Official time is Chip Time or net time. Only the overall and masters categories of each race distance will be scored on Gun Time.
- Overall and Age Group award winners will each receive a custom award medal engraved with the award description.
- Overall award winners will ALSO receive a custom, laser-engraved wooden award to commemorate their finish.
Children under the age of 16 can run in the full or half marathons with permission from their guardians or parents, but we do not issue Awards to Age Groups under the age of 16 for those distance races.
2023 and Earlier Edition Results & Photos
- Check Results for The Louisiana Marathon 2023
- Check Results for The Louisiana Marathon 2022 and earlier editions
- Race insurance: The event offers race insurance. The insurance premium is 6.75% of the registration cost (including processing fee), with a minimum insurance premium of $7.99 per registrant. The insurance premium for “Registration Protector with Required to Work” is 7.5% of the registration cost (including processing fee), with a minimum insurance premium of $8.99 per registrant.
- Distance Transfer: Transfer to another distance: Participants can transfer from one race distance to another by paying a transfer fee plus any difference in race fees if moving to a longer distance race.
- Registration Transfer: Participants are not allowed to give or sell their slot to anyone else.
- Deferment to next year: Participants can defer their race if unable to participate due to injury or illness. They need to get in touch up to 14 days before the event. A deferral fee would be charged.
- Refunds: Entry fees are non-refundable. The only exception made is for active military personnel who submit deployment papers. No refunds are issued if the event is cancelled due to circumstances out of organizers control such as: Acts of God, weather conditions, public health emergencies, acts of terrorism, etc.
- Bib Pick up: Someone other than the registered participant can pick up a packet as long as the friend or family member presents a copy of the participant’s registration confirmation and/or the participant’s photo ID. Proxy pickup is not allowed on Race Day.
- Corrals: Runners are assigned corrals based on their anticipated finish times.
- Pacers: Pacers would be available for the Sunday races. Pace Groups will be as follows: Marathon – 3:00; 3:10; 3:20; 3:30; 3:40; 3:50; 4:00; 4:15; 4:30; 4:40; 5:00 and Half marathon – 1:40; 1:50; 2:00; 2:10; 2:20; 2:30
- Aid stations: Water and Powerade would be available at all aid stations. Gel and other nutritional products would also be available at limited aid stations.
- Participant tracking: Participants can be tracked as they cross timing mats – through SMS or email. Please check here for more details.
- Time Limit: Time limits are applicable for various races within the event after which the course and finish line would be closed. Following time limits are applicable: – Full marathon (6 hrs), Half Marathon (4 hrs), Quarter marathon/ 5k (2 hrs 15min) and Kids run (30 min)
- Event Alert System: There is a colour coded event alert system in place for the prevailing weather conditions. Please check here for more details
- Boston Qualifier: The race is a Boston Qualifier race and all results are shared with BAA
- VIP Runner: The Louisiana Marathon offers a limited number of VIP tickets for runners competing in the full or half marathons on Sunday. Special Pre and post-race amenities are available. Please check here for more details.
- Race guide: Race guide for 2022 and Race guide for 2023 can be accessed here
- Future dates for The Louisiana marathon are as follows:
- For 2024: January 13-14, 2024
- For 2025: January 18-19, 2025
- For 2026: January 17-18, 2026
- For 2027: January 16-17, 2027
- For 2028: January 15-16, 2028
Official site: https://www.thelouisianamarathon.com/