|Arlington, Virginia, USA||May 19, 2024||Registration Open|
The Marine Corps Marathon (MCM) is an annual marathon held in Washington, D.C., and Arlington, Virginia. Started in the year 1976, popularly known as “The People’s Marathon”, the MCM is one of the top 10 biggest marathons not only in the US but also in the world. Runners from across all states of the USA and more than 50 countries participate in the event making the event one of the largest with more than 30,000 participants.
With a mission to showcase physical fitness, promote discipline (of Marine Corps) and generate goodwill in the community, the Marine Corps Marathon is organized by men & women of the US Marine Corps. The Marathon also serves as a way to raise money for a wide variety of charities. Held annually with key calendar events in May (MCHH) and October (MCM), Marine Corps Marathon is an event that doesn’t offer any prize money but instead chooses to celebrate the honor, courage, and commitment of all finishers.
The MCHH, held annually in May, the event boasts a field of 8,000 runners. The MCHH also offers the Semper 5ive, a five-mile event open to 2,000 participants and since 2017, it also included the Devil Dog Double challenge. The Devil Dog Double challenge combines the Semper 5ive (5mile) with the MCHH (13.1miles).
MCM +MCHH combined – Semper Fidelis Challenge: Runners can sign up for this two-event challenge where they have to successfully complete the following LIVE events:
- At the MCHH in May: MCHH OR the Devil Dog Double in May.
- At the MCM in October: MCM OR MCM50K in October.
There are other races organized by Marine Corps across the year but those are open only to valid ID card holders.
- Marine Corps 17.75k
- Belleau Wood 8K
- Crossroads 15K
- Quantico 100
- Quantico Tri
- Quantico 12K
- Run Amuck
- Turkey Trot 10K
Book Your Stay Near Race Starting Point
Marine Corps Historic Half
Race Categories, Dates, Registration, Eligibility & Fees
|Half Marathon||Semper 5ive *||Devil Dog Double *|
|Race Date||May 19, 2024||Race not available in 2024 edition||Race not available in 2024 edition|
|Start Time||6:00 am||7:00 am||6:00 am|
|Eligibility Criterion||14 years & above||7 years & above||14 years & above|
|Fees- Live events (General)||$83||$75||$125|
|Fees- Virtual events (Domestic + US Military)||$83||$45||$95|
|Fees- Live events (US Military)||$60||$45||$95|
|Registration||Register here||Registration not available in 2024||Registration not available in 2024|
|Expo Details^||The 2023 Expo Venue was at Fredericksburg Expo & Conference Center, 2371 Carl D. Silver Parkway, Fredericksburg, VA 22401|
*Details of Eligibility, Registration Fees, Race Start time, etc. for the Semper 5ive & Devil Dog Double events are from the 2023 event for reference. These events are not available in 2024 edition of MCHH
^ Details of Expo for MCHH 2024 not yet available. Above are details from 2023 event for reference
Information about the course maps & other details for the Marine Corps Historic Half (MCHH) 2024 not yet available. Please check the information from the 2023 event below
- Check Course Map for MCHH 2023- Half Marathon here
- Check Course Map for MCHH 2023- Semper 5ive here
- Check Course Map for MCHH 2023- Devil Dog Double here
The MCHH route for Half Marathon has an OUT AND BACK course while Semper 5ive has a POINT TO POINT course with the below-mentioned Start and Finish points:
|Start Point||Finish Point|
|Half Marathon & DDD||Fredericksburg Expo and Conference Center on Carl D. Silver Parkway VA||Fredericksburg Expo and Conference Center (Near Virginia Credit Union Stadium)|
|Semper 5ive||Downtown Fredericksburg VA||Fredericksburg Expo and Conference Center (Near Virginia Credit Union Stadium)|
No prizes are awarded for the Marine Corps Historic Half.
2023 and Earlier Edition Results
- Check Results for Marine Corps Historical Half 2023
- Check Results for Marine Corps Historical Half 2022
- Check Results for Earlier Editions of Marine Corps Historical Half
- Registration is non-refundable but can be deferred or transferred.
- Water and other refreshments are available at aid stations. Energy gels would also be available at limited aid stations.
- Medical and washroom facilities would also be available on the route/course as well as at the start point/finish line of a race.
- Time limits are applicable for all the races after which the course would be open for regular vehicular traffic. Following pace times are expected:
- MCHH – Half Marathon: 17:30 min/mile
- MCHH – Devil Dog Double: 12 min/mile
- MCHH – Semper 5ive: 20 min/ mile
- Pacers are available
Phone: (703) 784-2225
Fax: (703) 784-2265
Mailing Address: Marine Corps Marathon, PO Box 188, Quantico, VA 22134
Shipping Address: Marine Corps Marathon, 3399 Russell Road, Quantico, VA 22134